BEYOND CARBON PRICING
Since September 2010 we have been building the political will for evidence-based carbon pricing. As we are getting closer to our goal, the next step is to vision together how carbon pricing fits into the bigger picture of transitioning our economy.
SOME HIGHLIGHTS WE THINK YOU WILL ENJOY
- Listening deeply to Darrin Qualman, the National Farmers Union's Director of Climate Crisis Policy & Action
- Pondering how basic income could fit into the transformation Canada is undergoing with Robin Boadway PhD, economist Queen's University and Jessie Gollem, Basic Income
- How tax reform could pay for so much that we need in Canada as we launch a national Tax Reform Action team.
- A hands-on workshop to prepare for lobbying our parliamentarians to improve carbon pricing and climate accountability laws in Canada.
- The camaraderie of like-minded souls focused on an evidence-based solution to the climate crisis with integrity and big picture in mind.
MORE ABOUT LOBBYING
Begins: After Victoria Day in May
Ends: preferably by June 30 but no later than Labour Day.
Process: In coordination with your local groups, you lobby your own MP using our mutually-agreed upon lobbying asks.
MORE LOBBY TRAINING
1. Note there will be two Climate Advocate Training Session in May to help groups prepare for lobbying you can sign-up for at the conference to help you and your groups prepare.
2. A CCL Canada Education Call
Thursday, May 20, 5 pm PDT / 8 pm EDT,
A comparison of the Conservative Plan vs the Liberal Plan on the EnROADS simulator
with Dr. Doug Pritchard.
Thank you everyone for being on the journey with us from me to we!
The conference team at Citizens' Climate Lobby Canada
Brian Cho, CCL Halifax
Caterina Lindman, CCL Kitchener-Waterloo
Virginia Cail, CCL Dauphin
Cathy Orlando, CCL Greater Sudbury
"If you want to be incrementally better, be competitive - If you want to be exponentially better, be cooperative." - Unknown