Standing Our Ground - 2023
The proposed date and time are:
Sunday, January 29, 2022
7 pm to 9 pm EST
1. Understand CCL Canada’s niche and history in the Canadian climate movement
2. Reflect on all that we learned in 2022 via our lobbying, research, experiences, and involvement in multilateral processes.
3. Build and create action teams that will help us transform Canada and the world with evidence-based action focused on our niche, keeping in mind our resources and the fact the time of our volunteers is extremely precious.
Who is our audience?
People who are focused on lobbying, protecting and improving Canada's carbon pricing policy in their own ridings, communicating clearly and effectively that fossil fuels are the major source of air and climate pollution, and supporting efforts to redirect financial flows towards a resilient future.
We value everyone's time
Focus is our superpower. We hope that on average our leaders can dedicate about 10 hours a month (120 hours) and their supporting volunteers around 50 hours yearly. How do we achieve this? We are highly focused, and very organized. Because of this, we have attracted the best volunteers on the planet and they get things done.
2. Why our work is so important.
3. Reaffirming our niche
4. Celebrating and reflecting on our achievements 2022?
5. Overview of what we could do in 2023 with your feedback
6. How to join the 2023 Action Teams
We had a similar event in 2022 and really helped us all have time to savour the planet in 2022 while saving it.
We highly recommend that you watch it. https://canada.citizensclimatelobby.org/standing-our-ground/